Thursday 11 November 2010

One Year Ago....

Recently I celebrated my daughters first birthday. But this was a day of mixed and powerfull emotions, as Poppys mum, Susan, died of acute respiritory distress- a result of the H1N1 virus- three weeks after she was born.

Susan never had the chance to meet her daughter, a fact of life I struggle to accept.

Over the next few months i am going to try to relate a few things: My joy at watching my daughter grow, my love for Susan and my grief at her not being with me. And the process I and Susans familly are going through to try and bring some good from her death- by improveing the state of care for respiritory illness in the North West of England. Nothing that comes from this can restore what has been lost.

That's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment